The Voice of the

Commonwealth's Counties

Visit King George County and the King George County Historic Courthouse

PHOTO CREDIT: Mojo Hand

Location: 9383 Kings Highway / Rectory Lane
Built: 1922 – 1923
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: E G Heflin of Fredericksburg
Contractor: Unknown

Description: The building faces south and is a one story red colored brick and concrete structure. The south front has a central portico with four white colored columns rising to a pediment with fanlight at the roof line. The recessed door is arched with large arched windows on either side. The roof is hipped at the center section. The building extends east and west with a flat roof line. The building was remodeling in 1960 and in 1973, the building was enlarged. The architect was Robert J Leary and the contractor was Milton L Hammond.

SOURCE: courthouses.co

Share This
Recent Posts
Categories