Location: 1 East Main Street / Franklin Street
Built: 1824 – 1825
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: George Tucker
Contractor: Samuel Taleferro
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and wood structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds with a descending slope on the north side in the center of Martinsville. The south front has a large portico with four white colored columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. The second story has a wide balcony. The wood framed entrance with small pediments above are on either side of the portico. The roof is hipped. An addition was built on the north side in 1890 and the building was remodeled in 1929. The building is now the Heritage Center & Museum.