Location: Courthouse Square / Main Street
Built: 1766 – 1767
Description: The building faces south and is a one story red colored brick structure. The “T” shaped building is located on landscaped grounds of the courthouse circle in the center of Gloucester to the east of the courthouse. The south front has a large portico with four white colored Ionic columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. The entrance has a fanlight above. The windows are arched and the roof is hipped. The courtroom occupies the center floor space of the building and has plaster walls and wood furniture. The building was renovated in 1956. The architect was Carl M Lindner & Son and the contractor was Wray & Richardson. Nearby are the Clayton Building (1823) and Roane Building ( Clerk’s Office – 1896).