Location: 20 North Loudon Street / Rouss Street
Built: 1839 – 1841
Style: Greek Revival
Architect: Robert Clay Long of Baltimore, Maryland
Contractor: Unknown local trades and labor
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick structure. The rectangular shaped building is located on a landscaped square in the center of the Winchester. The west front has a large porch with four large white Doric columns rising to a pediment at the gabled roof. On the center of the roof is a square white colored cupola with clock at the top. In the interior on the first story is a ten foot wide hall with four foot high paneled wood wainscot, large chandelier and slate floor in the entry hall. There is a courtroom on the first story. A staircase rises to the second story and the courtroom which has double entry doors. Raised platforms with spectator benches extend along the wall separating the hall from the courtroom. In the center of the room four columns with a low railing separate an eight-inch-high raised lawyers’ platform from open space and spectator benches along either (north and south) sidewall. The rail is walnut and the square balusters are painted a white color. A raised platform is situated along the entire east wall. The building served as the courthouse until 1984. The building now houses a museum.