December 3, 2014
Compiled by Tedd Povar on the Virginia Local Government Management Association website
- Frank Bossio, long-time Culpeper County administrator, announced his retirement effective April 2015.
- Jack Tuttle, city manager for Williamsburg since 1991, announced his retirement effective June 30 2015.
- Hugh G. Cooper, former city manager for Bristol and Emporia, Virginia, ICMA range rider and life member and ICMA-VA president, passed away at the age of 85.
- Laura Fitzpatrick, assistant city manager for Rio Rancho, NM, and former deputy manager for the city of Manassas Park, appointed assistant city manager for Hampton.
- Marvin B. Milam, Harrisonburg city manager from 1969 to 1988, and ICMA range rider and life member, died at the age of 84.
- James H. Blount, Jr., former 19 year manager for the town of Woodstock, died at the age of 83.
- Thomas C. Gates, assistant city manager for Alexandria, appointed administrator for Roanoke County.
- Mark Lauzier, administrator for Page County since July, 2013, resigned.
- Lance Terpenny, town manager for Floyd, announced his retirement effective December 31.
- Laszlo Palko appointed town manager for Lovettsville. He has extensive military, private sector and public sector experience, and has a public policy masters degree from Harvard.
- William (Bill) Rolfe, retired administrator and multiple interim administrator, appointed part-time manager for the town of Glasgow.
- James “Mac” McReynolds, administrator for York County, passed away at the age of 59.
- Ken McLawhon announced he is retiring as town manager for Warrenton effective January 1, and will become administrator for the town of Nolensville, Tennessee.
- Frank Rogers, assistant administrator for Bedford County for the past 10 years, appointed administrator for Campbell County, starting in October.
- Aileen Ferguson, Appomattox County administrator for 17 years, and a county employee for 36 years, announced her retirement effective June 2015.
- Mary Zirkle, a planner with Roanoke County, appointed the first town manager for Buchanan, effective October 1.
- Noah Simon, deputy administrator for Floyd County, Georgia, appointed city manager for Lexington, effective October 27.