Every year education is the foundation and the focus of the VACo Annual Conference. Attendees gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing Virginia’s Counties. This gained knowledge benefits elected and staff leaders as they apply the information and skills they learn from experts and peers to their positions back home. Below are the scheduled Concurrent Sessions that are a big part of the education agenda. We look forward to seeing you November 10-12 in Bath County for the VACo Annual Conference.
Monday, November 11
10 a.m – 11:15 p.m.
- BIENNIUM BUDGET PREVIEW: WHAT CAN COUNTIES EXPECT? • Mount Vernon
- SECURING THE WORK ENVIRONMENT • Stratford
- ATHLETICS AND RECREATION AS ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT • Appalachian
- SNAPSHOTS OF INNOVATIVE COUNTY PROGRAMS • Blue Ridge
- PROFESSIONAL MANAGERS’ FORUM • Piedmont
11:30 a.m – 12:45 p.m.
- STATE AND LOCAL PERSPECTIVES ON BROADBAND • Mount Vernon
- IMPACTS OF UTILITY-SCALE SOLAR ON COUNTIES • Stratford
- CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES IN CHILD WELFARE • Appalachian
- NAVIGATING THE CHALLENGES OF THE CHESAPEAKE BAY • Piedmont
- WHAT LOCALITIES NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PRESUMPTION CLAIMS FOR EMERGENCY RESPONDERS AND HOW THEY AFFECT THE BOTTOM LINE • Blue Ridge | Sponsored by VACORP
2:45 p.m – 4 p.m.
- CONFLICT OF INTEREST TRAINING FOR LOCAL ELECTED GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS • Mount Vernon
- THE FUTURE OF WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT • Stratford
- KEY ISSUES IN ELECTION ADMINISTRATION • Blue Ridge
- DOMINION ENERGY | Piedmont | Sponsored by Dominion Energy