The State Executive Council (SEC) met on Wednesday, July 31, and discussed several items.
In attendance was SEC local government representative and VACo Board member Pat O’Bannon (Henrico County).
The following are a few highlights from the meeting:
1. Executive Director’s report included an update on State Agency Strategies (SAS) project update. A copy of the Executive Director report is linked.
2. Magellan Behavioral Health has been selected by the Virginia Department of Medical Services (DMAS) to serve as the Behavioral Health Services Administrator (BHSA). Beginning Dec. 1, 2013, Magellan will administer behavioral health services for members enrolled in Virginia’s Medicaid and FAMIS programs. Magellan representatives were present at the meeting and took question from council members.
3. The SEC had several actions items. Of particular interest to counties, the SEC passed the policy regarding the use of state pool funds with several amendments:
• It removed the appeal section in part V of the policy draft, and will use the appeal process that already exists.
• It moved the current part VI up to V, and inserted that SLAT will monitor the number of requests for exemptions as Part VI.
• The SEC also added in Part IV that the it will review all policy changes prior to implementation.
• The Council also changed the implementation for all new cases beginning Oct. 1, and all ongoing cases by June 2014
The next SEC meeting will held on Sept. 19 at the United Methodist Family Services Dining Hall in Richmond. Please contact me at 804.343.2503 or email@example.com if you have any questions.