December 19, 2016
Key dates in the procedural resolution are as follows:
- January 11: General Assembly convenes at noon. Prefiled legislation must be submitted by 10 a.m.; this is also the last day to file bills dealing with the Virginia Retirement System or legislation creating or continuing a study.
- January 13: Budget amendments by General Assembly members must be submitted by 5 p.m.
- January 20: All bills must be filed by 3 p.m.
- February 5: The Senate Finance and House Appropriations Committees must report their respective budgets.
- February 7: Crossover (deadline for legislation to pass its chamber of origin)
- February 9: Deadline for each chamber to complete work on its budget
- February 20: Deadline for committee action on legislation
- February 25: Scheduled adjournment sine die
- April 5: Reconvened session to consider the Governor’s amendments and vetoes
VACo Contact: Katie Boyle