Location: 17140 Monument Circle / Courthouse Highway 258
Built: 1800 – 1801
Style: Colonial Revival
Architect: Major Francis Boykin
Contractor: Major Francis Boykin
Description: The building faces southeast and is a two story red colored brick structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds in the center of Isle of Wight to the south of the courthouse. The southeast front of the original center section has a large portico with four narrow white colored columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. The recessed entrance is framed with white colored wood. The roof is hipped. In the interior is the former courtroom which is now the Commissioners Chamber. The building was remodeled in 1815 and 1903. An addition was built in 1822 and a fire proof vault added in 1892. The building was renovated in 1954 to 1955. The architect was Paul D Woodward and the contractor was Z Turner. In 1987, additions were constructed on the north and south sides. The additions have numerous arches along an arcade and are named as the Memorial Addition. The architect was Talbot & Associates, Ltd and the contractor was Henderson, Inc.
Note: Major Francis Boykin donated the land for the courthouse and saw to the erection of the courthouse and the tavern on the south side.