Location: 2125 East Main Street / 22nd Street
Built: 1896 – 1897
Architect: Carl Ruehrmund
Contractor: William Trexler and Richard E Elmore
Description: The building faces east and is a three story red colored brick and stone structure. The southeast corner has a large square tower rising to a steep green colored roof with dormers. On the northeast corner is a smaller square tower. The front has a large arch with recessed entrance. The base of the building is course stone. There is red colored brick addition along the west side. The building is unoccupied.
Note: The previous courthouse was destroyed by fire in 1894. The City of Richmond expanded and the 1896 courthouse was declared as a part of Henrico County within Richmond until the county seat moved to Laurel. The 1896 courthouse was then sold.