Location: 1 Court House Circle / Foster Road
Built: 1818 – 1821
Style: Colonial Revival
Architect: William A Howard
Contractor: William A Howard
Description: The building faces south and is a one story red colored brick structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of Cumberland. The rectangular building is located on Courthouse Square with Clerk’s Office (1821), Jail (1823) and Administration Building (1966). The south front has a large Tuscan portico with four white colored columns rising to a wide pediment at the roof line. The recessed paneled double doors are framed by molded white colored trim and topped by a pediment and pulvinated frieze. The roof is hipped. The building was renovated in 1960 and an addition was constructed on the east side. The architect was Moseley Architects, Inc.