Location: 125 David Bruce Avenue / Legrande Avenue
Built: 1821 – 1823
Style: Greek-Roman Revival
Architect: Thomas Jefferson
Contractor: John Percival
Description: The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick and wood structure. The north front of the rectangular building has a large portico with four whitewashed stuccoed columns rising to a wide pediment at the roof line. There is a bell hanging from the pediment. The floor of the portico has decorative tiles. The widows have green colored shutters. The courtroom is located on the first story.
Note: The plans were drawn by Thomas Jefferson for the 1822 Buckingham County courthouse. The cost of construction of the courthouse was $5,362.61.