Location: 23316 Courthouse Avenue / Front Street
Built: 1899 – 1901
Style: Romanesque Revival and Victorian
Architect: B F Smith Fireproof Construction Company
Contractor: B F Smith Fireproof Construction Company
Description: The building faces south and is a two-story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of Accomac. The south front has a projecting brick porch on the first story with recessed entrance and balcony on the second story. The second story has five long arched windows and above is parapet with two small arched windows. On the center of the roof is a large square bell tower with an open section at the top and a steep green colored roof. There is a cross gable in the center and the roof is hipped. The building houses the County Circuit Court and County Juvenile Court of the 2A Judicial Circuit. During construction, George R. Nock was the supervisor. On the west side of the courthouse is the old Clerk’s Office constructed of red colored brick in 1887. The building was reconstructed in 1968. The architect was J. Linwood Walker and the contractor was Joseph S. Floyd Corporation.