The Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) has posted the draft Virginia State Plan for Aging Services (October 1, 2023 – September 30, 2027) for public comment.
The draft plan is available for review at https://vda.virginia.gov/stateplans.htm.
The plan is required by the Older Americans Act, as well as by state law. The draft plan contains five proposed goals, as well as proposed objectives and strategies for each goal:
- Provide high-quality, innovative core Older Americans Act (OAA) programs
- Deliver evidence-based programs that encourage healthy, active, and engaged lives
- Promote access to aging and community services for older Virginians with the greatest economic and social needs
- Bolster awareness of and increase access to person-centered long-term services and supports (LTSS)
- Improve access to resources and services that support caregivers
Public comments on the DRAFT State Plan for Aging Services can be submitted via email to StateAgingPlan@dars.virginia.gov. Comments may also be mailed to DARS, C/O Charlotte Arbogast, 8004 Franklin Farms Drive, Henrico, VA 23229, or submitted via fax to 804-662-7663.
The deadline to submit public comments is May 5, 2023.
The final State Plan for Aging Services must be submitted to the federal Administration for Community Living by July 1, 2023, and to the Governor and General Assembly by October 1, 2023.
VACo Contact: Katie Boyle