The Commonwealth Connect Coalition recently announced that VATI awards are expected to be announced in December. As previously reported, The FY22 grant round closed on September 14 and in total, the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) received:
- 57 applications representing 84 localities
- $943,300,424 in requested funding
- $1,159,125,288 in matching funds
- Approximately 292,000 proposed locations served
- This number will change due to duplicative locations in different applications, the FCC finalization of RDOF awards, and the VATI challenge process.
The next coalition meeting will be held in person (with a virtual option available) at the Rural Summit at Longwood University. Attendees to the coalition do not need to register for the larger summit but will only be able to attend the coalition meeting and no further events. the agenda may be viewed here.
November 5 – Commonwealth Connect Coalition Meeting
11-11:45am | Blackwell Hall (Rotunda Building) – Martinelli Room | Longwood University
Webinar link (video and audio) – meet.google.com/tok-vwav-nup
Conference Call (audio) – 615-952-0257 PIN: 487 531 193#
Active Broadband Solicitations
|Requestor||Type||Issue Date||Close Date||Purpose|
|Pittsylvania County||RFI||10/5/21||10/26/21||Broadband for Unserved Citizens|
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
- October 21 – VATI Challenges Due
- October 29 – Utility Leverage Program Updated Guidelines Released
- November 8 – Broadband Availability Map Guidelines Released
- November 18 – Deadline for VATI Challenge Rebuttals
- December 3 – DHCD Notifies All Parties of VATI Challenge Determination
- December – Anticipated Announcement of VATI Awards
VACo encourages members to reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding VATI or other Broadband related issues.