Thank you to counties that have RSVP’d to the request for an ornament to decorate the 2016 Executive Mansion Tree. If your county has not RSVP’d, there is still plenty of time to participate.
We are honored to be asked to participate in the collecting of artisan-made ornaments from Virginia counties that display the theme “Home for the Holidays.” Be sure to look in future issues of County Connections for county ornaments as they come in and tips on how your county can be represented on the Executive Mansion Tree.
Many counties have reached out to let us know they’re participating. If your county plans to submit an ornament just let us know by sending an email to Amy Sales.
Guidelines for the artist/artisan-crafted ornaments are:
– Each participating locality is asked to submit one holiday ornament
– The theme is “Home for the Holidays,” but we ask that it be something that uniquely represents your county
– The size of the ornament should be no larger than 6”. Shape and material is up to the artist/artisan. The finished ornament should be sent along with the name of the locality and artist placed on the back of the ornament
– The artist/artisan should reside in or near the locality. As a children-themed tree may be featured in the future, we ask that this year’s ornaments be created by adults
– No purchased ornaments
– Deadline for submitting the ornament is November 1
Once complete, please send to VACo. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Amy Sales at 804.788.6652 or email@example.com.
Celebrate the holidays with Virginia’s localities!
VACo Contact: Amy Sales, CMP