- This event has passed.
Free Dam Owner Training
June 2, 2014 @ 11:00 am - October 2, 2014 @ 1:00 pmFree
FREE DAM OWNER TRAINING!
The Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation is always looking for new ways to provide dam owners with the tools they need to be successful. Are you the owner of a high or significant hazard dam? Are you a dam consulting engineer with clients who own these dams? If the answer is yes, then this opportunity is for you. DCR’s Dam Safety staff will be holding a series of lunch and learns themed Table Top Exercises for Emergency Action Plans. I bet you didn’t know all owners of high and significant hazard dams should have had at least one table top exercise by September 26 of this year! Don’t miss this event! Five sessions will be held throughout the state.
They will be two hours, from 11 am to 1 pm, with lunch provided.
Thanks to Virginia Lakes and Watersheds sponsorship, it is completely free.
To register, pick a session from the list below and either e-mail Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804.786.0113. Don’t forget to include which session you want to attend so we can make sure to have accommodations for everyone. We really hope to see you there!
• June 2 in Chesterfield County at the Community Development Building, 9800 Government Center Parkway, Chesterfield, VA
• June 12 in Charlottesville at the Forestry Building, 900 Natural Resources Drive, Charlottesville, VA
• June 24 in Fairfax at the Water Griffith Treatment Plant, 9600 Ox Road, Lorton, VA
• September 9 in Norfolk at the Moore’s Bridges Water Treatment Plant, 6040 Waterworks Road, Norfolk VA
• October 2, 2014 in Salem at the Spring Hollow Water Treatment Facility, 6200 West Main Street, Salem, VA