It’s been a fast and furious General Assembly Session here at VACo. Our Legislative Team has worked hard advocating on a slew of issues affecting counties.
We’ve chronicled these issues in Capitol Contacts since the start of the session. Capitol Contact is VACo’s legislative bulletin that is published at least twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday when the General Assembly is in session. VACo also issues a Capitol Contact ALERT when we need your help in supporting or opposing a bill.
Here are the latest Capitol Contacts.
- February 19, 2016 ALERT: Call or email your Legislators NOW on Eminent Domain bill
- February 18, 2016: HB 1347 limits local authority over communications towers
- February 16, 2016: Comprehensive stormwater bills pass
- February 16, 2016 ALERT: Call or email your Senator NOW on Airbnb bill
- February 15, 2016: Please call or email NOW to support the following County Budget Actions
- February 11, 2016: County Government Day Bulletin
- February 10, 2016 ALERT: Call or email NOW to oppose Local Employee Grievance Procedures bill
- February 9, 2016 ALERT: Call or email NOW to oppose bill that shortens time to approve site plans and plats
- February 5, 2016 ALERT: Call and email NOW to oppose TWO Courts of Justice bills
- February 4, 2016: Annexation Moratorium Extended
- February 3, 2016 ALERT: Call and email NOW to oppose HB 801
- February 2, 2016: Bill targeting local business taxes defeated
- February 1, 2016 ALERT (2nd Request): Place your calls and emails NOW to oppose HB 812!
- February 1, 2016 ALERT: Call Today to Oppose Harmful FOIA Bill
VACo members, if you aren’t receiving Capitol Contact, please email Gage Harter at email@example.com to be added to the distribution list. If you want to receive a text alert – email your name and cell phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VACo Contact: Dean Lynch, CAE