If you’re attending VACo’s Annual Conference here are a few helpful suggestions we’d like you to consider.
When you arrive, please remember that bellman and doormen at The Omni Homestead Resort work for tips and are not compensated through any service fees collected by the hotel.
These individuals should be rewarded at the guests’ discretion for their superior service.
• Valet parking is included in the 15 percent daily charge that is automatically added to your room rates.
• Check-in time for your room is 4 p.m. or later and checkout time is before noon. Express checkout is available and you may settle your room account by using your credit card.
• Seating for dinner reservations is available in the dining room between 6:30 p.m. and Sam Snead’s (casual attire) is open from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The Omni Homestead’s Jefferson (casual attire) seating begins at 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. and the Canyon Ranch Café (also casual attire) will also be available from 6-9 p.m.
Over the past year, The Omni Homestead has doubled its seating capacity in the main dining room. Reservations are required for all restaurants. You must provide the names of all individuals in your party. In addition a credit card is needed for reservations of more than eight people
• Please do not double book reservations so others may have the opportunity to make arrangements.
Here are a few tips to make arrival and departure from the Homestead work out more smoothly.
1. The Doormen will give each guest a Valet Parking ticket for the car or you may park your car in the
complimentary parking lots at the top of the hill.
2. The Doormen will give each guest a luggage ticket – TAKE THIS TO THE FRONT DESK.
3. Proceed to the Front Desk to check in with the resort.
4. You will need a credit card & photo ID & your luggage claim ticket.
5. If your room is ready, you will receive your room keys and hotel ID cards, the bellstand will deliver your luggage to your room.
6. If your room is NOT ready, you will receive a temporary ID card for charging purposes. Luggage will be stored until room is ready.
7. Please provide a cell phone number if you would like to be called when your room is available. Check In begins at 4 p.m. and most rooms will be ready for check in at this time.
8. Luggage delivery will take approximately 20 minutes, depending on the flow of guests arriving around the same time.
DAY OF DEPARTURE: BY NOON
1. To order your car for departure
• Call the Transportation Department directly at Ext. 57711.
• Allow 15 minutes prior to departure for your car to be delivered at the front drive
• Please keep in mind that PEAK DEPARTURE will be between the hours of 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., you may experience a wait of up to 30 minutes.
• As a reminder, we are unable to leave cars unattended in the front of the resort, due to the flow of arrivals and departures. Please call for your car when you are ready to depart.
2. Luggage pick up
• Please call the bellstand directly by pressing the “Bellstand Button” on your guest room phone, or Ext. #57571.
• Place all luggage inside your guest room by the door for the bellstand.
• Your luggage may be retrieved on the front porch, please speak to a Doorman for assistance with departure and notify the Doorman if you have golf clubs to load.
3. Check Out – you will receive a copy of your charges under your door the last night of your stay
• You may check out of your guest room via the television by going to guest services.
• You may leave your Express Check Out card (located in your key packet) at the Front Desk in the Express
Check Out Box (keys may be dropped in the box).
• You may check out directly with the Front Desk.
Separate billing for room, the Daily Resort Charge, the Modified American Plan (MAP) and related taxes will be provided for each conference attendee staying at the Homestead. Expenses for spouse, guests and children as well as incidentals will be included on a separate bill.
For more information about bill splitting, please request assistance from The Omni Homestead Resort’s registration counter when you check into the hotel.
Reminder: The deadline to register for the annual conference is Nov. 1. A late fee will be charged on all registrations received after Nov. 1. Please fax conference registration forms to 804.788.0083, rather than putting them in the mail, to ensure receipt by the Nov. 1 deadline. On-site registration will be available for those who were unable to preregister.