The Executive Mansion recently announced that the 2016 Holiday Tree theme is “Home for the Holidays.” VACo is honored to once again be asked by the Mansion to assist in collecting local artisan-made, handcrafted ornaments from Virginia’s localities!
Just last week, VACo contacted County Board Chairs and County Administrators and Managers by letter with the requirements (see below). The Executive Mansion is looking for a one-of-a-kind, handmade ornament from each county that portrays the county during the holidays. Check out the “Executive Mansion Holiday Tree Ornament Ideas” section in future editions of County Connections for tips on where to start!
Guidelines for the artist/artisan-crafted ornaments are:
• Each participating locality is asked to submit one holiday ornament
• The theme is the artist/artisan’s choice, but we ask that it be something that uniquely represents your county
• The size of the ornament should be no larger than 6”. Shape and material is up to the artist/artisan. The finished ornament should be sent along with the name of the locality and artist placed on the back of the ornament
• The artist/artisan should reside in or near the locality. As they may feature a children/themed tree in the future, we ask that this year’s ornaments be created by adults
• No purchased ornaments
• Deadline for submitting the ornament is November 1
Ornaments will be kept at VACo to decorate future holiday trees on display in our lobby.
Cities and towns are also participating in this event through the Virginia Municipal League.
Once complete, please send to VACo. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Amy Sales at 804.788.6652 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate the holidays with Virginia’s localities!
VACo Contact: Amy Sales, CMP